Buffalo Wings or hot chicken wings is a very popular dish not only here in the Philippines but all around the world. Some Buffalo Wings are cooked deep-fried or baked. To add more crisp to the chicken, I suggest deep-frying it. Here in the Philippines, everybody loves eating this dish using their bare hands and make it as “pulutan“.
Here’s how I make my own Buffalo Wings.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 10 pcs chicken wings
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- Cut the wings in half separating the drumette and wingette. Pat dry.
- Combine all dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder, garlic powder, salt, ground black pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Coat each wing with the flour mixture and make sure to shake off excess.
- In a pot, heat oil over medium heat. Fry the breaded chicken wings until golden brown.
- Set aside chicken and let it rest.
- While waiting for the chicken, prepare the sauce. In a pan, melt butter and saute minced garlic.
- Add the sriracha, ketchup and honey. Stir and cook until thick.
- Once sauce is done an d chicken had cool down, let’s do the double frying technique.
- On the same pot where you cooked your chicken, heat it again and make sure the oil is hot enough.
- Put the chicken back to the oil and fry until crispy and golden brown.
- Once all the chicken are done double frying, toss it to sauce and mix well. Make sure the chicken are well coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tip: You can enjoy your buffalo wings more with a ranch dressing. I like mine paired with Kewpie, it may be weird to some of you but i find the flavors complementing though.
So? Do you think it’s delish? Let me know in the comments if you tried making this recipe!