Moist and Chewy Chocolate Brownies – aah, everyone’s favorite! My personal version of this recipe. To tell you frankly, I had revised it for more than a couple of times already just to get that perfect moist and chewy end-result for a brownie. Never regretted it though as this has been one of my favorites to make.
Check out my recipe for Moist and Chewy Chocolate Brownies below!
- 8oz dark chocolate (chunks – half melted, half saved)
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease your baking pan with a cooking oil spray or line it with a parchment paper.
- Mix the melted butter and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until color turn light.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in the sifted flour, cocoa and salt. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients combined.
- Add the chocolate chunks and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to your baking pan and cook for 30-40minutes or until the brownies are set. You can use a toothpick to test if your brownies are ready. Insert the toothpick in the center and if there’s no moist crumbs attached then you’re good to go.
My personal take:
I use a 9×9-inch glass baking pan. You’re cooking time always depends on the baking pan you use. If you use a glass pan then it takes a little longer to cook than the metal pans. For me, I use the glass pan since that’s what readily available. Also, when I mix the butter with the sugar, my butter isn’t usually melted but more softened. I also use an electric hand mixer to mix them and add the sugar gradually. I only use the rubber spatula when adding the flour mixture. I’ve been doing this strategy ever since and I just like how moist and chewy my brownies are. Though there’s one thing you might try to remember while baking brownies – NEVER OVERCOOK! You may try other strategies as well and see how it works for your brownies.
This recipe has been my personal favorite! Been cooking this for almost 7 years and the kids and the husband always loved!
What’s your personal favorite from my recipes so far? Let me know in the comments!