Another easy and quick recipe, my version of Honey Garlic Pork Chop! Glazed with honey-garlic sauce, this recipe does not only look good but is indeed mouthwatering as well. Most Honey Garlic Pork Chop recipes use grilled pork chop but this time we will do it quick and easy, we will fry them! Another addition to my weekly-meal rotation! Thankful to have known this recipe way back. My family definitely love this!
Here’s how I make my Honey Garlic Pork Chop recipe.
- 1lb pork belly or pork chop
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 head garlic (minced)
- 100g butter
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 cups cooking oil (for deep frying)
- Remove the skin from your pork belly or pork chop. I personally use pork belly because I want my pork to have some fat in it.
- Using a mallet, pound pork belly or pork chop to tenderize meat.
- In a bowl, put the pork belly or pork chop, salt, pepper, garlic powder, egg and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly until pork is evenly coated.
- In a deep pan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook the pork until golden brown. Do not overcrowd the pork in your pan so it will be cooked evenly.
- When pork has rested, cut into smaller pieces.
- In another pan, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until light brown. Do not burn garlic so not to have that bitter taste.
- When garlic turns light brown, add butter, honey and oyster sauce. Mix well until butter is fully melted.
- Toss in the pork belly pieces and stir until pork is evenly coated with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Will you try this Honey Garlic Pork Chop recipe? Let me know in the comments!